Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Filipino Buffet @ Cafe Asiana


We came from a two hours swim in the club's pool and was really hungry when we came back at Cafe Asiana ( inside the Palms Country Club in Alabang.) for a late lunch buffet at around 2 pm. We made our reservation for a table near the buffet table when we had our breakfast of the day, see here.



I realized making a reservation was not necessary_ it was already hours past the height of lunch and the resto was already almost empty except for a table or two and us.



The buffet featured Filipino cuisine that day, I guess it was because the country was celebrating Independence Day in the month of June. The buffet spread was too many to mention each and neither my tummy was accommodating to try each.



Unlike my teen daughter whose habit is to taste each and every bit there is,haha.



I made sure thu' to taste those that were new to my buds. Like this sinigang na lechon ( suckling pig in tamarind broth). It was good. The soup complimented the crunchy lechon. It was like having your soup over your plain rice then biting a crunchy side dish. I think, the lechon is being added only when the dish is about to be served, cos it stayed crunchy and didn't appear to absorb the liquid. Luv it! I made a mental note to try it at home for my family.



This was one of my plates. I also loved their arroz de valenciana . Not so Filipino thu'. Yet it's a popular adapted rice dish from Spanish cuisine. I enjoyed their version cos they didn't use sticky rice which I'm actually not so fond of. Another dish in my plate was beef calderita. Another borrowed Filipinized beef dish which I always like however it 's being concocted. I make a tasty version too_ at home.



Another part of the buffet was a spread of raw dishes like salads and local kinilaw or ceviche ( veggies and meats cooked raw in vinegar or in citrus). I have had to try some of them. The best was the tuna kinilaw.



The dessert spread had also huge selection, with pastries, local delicacies but I went for fresh cuts of local fruits in season .



and ofcourse it was hard to say no to a local brand ice cream scooping station where we all indulge, see here.



I was happy to see that my friend was all smiling during the meal.. .



. . cos, after all I meant to make her happy cos it was her birthday and this was my treat to her. Happy bday Neth!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ascertain Bliss's Fan Box

My Food Prescription on Foodista