Sunday, March 14, 2010

Another Bite of Floating Island

Bin' out for a lil' while. I had to check this food site of mine to find out when was the last time I posted. Not quite long ago, but I have this guilt feeling of abandoning this site for a little while. I feel that way cos I'm so updated in my other sites.

Sorry foodie folks :<. If you've been following me on my personal blog Monik Moments, you would know I've been frequenting hospitals these past weeks. No, I was not the patient_my loved ones. But ofcourse my foodie friends, it doesn't mean hospital makes me a lesser foodie. Nevah! What else watchers do in a hospital, aside from taking care of the patients? Eat!eat!eat!

My photo stocks are full of new food pics, waiting to be posted. All_ consumed while in the hospital. So now let me start with my favorite hospital restaurant : The Floating Island Restaurant of Makati Medical Center.




I first blogged about this so un-medical but almost-posh restaurant last year in June here. Everytime I meet cousin Che and my niece Bianx in Makati Med, always_ we would eat at Floating Island to savor the ever succulent crispy pata of this resto.



crispy pata

How can you resist this ?!!! Even the cardio patients I know, try to find hidden ways to take a feast of this plate. That's why, I called this resto so un-medical, how ironic_ it is located in the heart of the hospital.

I'm not complaining. It's a wonder to find such resto with its mouthwatering menus, in the middle of illness, depresssion, sadness even death. What a breather_ slurp! slurp!


fresh lumpia

If the crispy pata would kill a cardio patient, then there's this fresh lumpia for the diabetic. hehe! don't get me wrong, this is del - icious ! On the sweeter side , that's the issue. It's the sauce closer to commercial Goldilocks' version, only better.




adobo rice

Then we noticed a dish which was present to most tables. We ordered one for our table. The adobo rice. This version was big ! On meat! Not evident here, but the chicken and pork were cut large. Like a fried chicken cut. A plate could pass as one complete meal already.



lumpiang tinapa


We tried another new to us dish. The tinapa lumpia. Tinapa is a Filipino dried fish variant and the lumpia could be translated as rolls ( for my foreign friends :).




We took bites and looked where the tinapa went. The roll was stuffed with chinese noodles. A vinaigrette went well with this dish as dip. We liked this.





Actually, we like everything in the menu. Even their beverage concoctions are superb ! I just don't think a patient with medical condition and whose med diet is already limited from these sinful tasty dishes offered in the place, should be allowed to enter the place or the temptation is too risky to ignore.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ascertain Bliss's Fan Box

My Food Prescription on Foodista