Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Kropek


This was in a ferry terminal in Indonesia. While waiting for our boat, we grabbed for some snacks. I picked a can of  Pringles and was amused by my friend's choice.



She had been munching the same chips since we arrived in this island.



It's kerupuk. Called "kropek" in my country. It's commonly known as prawn cracker and very popular in Indonesia. I've seen a lot of it being sold in every store there.



I also saw lots of it being used as plating accessory/side item in most dishes in this country.



I rarely eat one, actually I forget already the last time I had it. Here in our country, it's usually being sold in the streets which gives a question of culinary hygiene.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Ascertain Bliss's Fan Box

My Food Prescription on Foodista