Monday, May 23, 2011

Oh My Gulay

Guilty. of not updating this food blog.
doesn't mean that I'm on a diet. . actually the other way around.
The whole summer, including today and I'm very sure it will go forever the same. .
I eat.eat.and eat!!! in the house, out of towns, in other countries, in my friends' houses, one wedding, one baptismal, three birthdays. . so busyyyy eating!!!!
I actually have tons of backlogs, sitting unfinished. .
cos everytime I run on my food photos, I would run to the kitchen and eat!!! 
so I'm back today and decided to post about Oh My Gulay in Baguio City.
This won't make me run and eat and abandon this post,
I swear. .cos I just had a plateful of vegie salad a minute ago, hehe.



I would post about the structures, arts and oddities of this place at my other blog cos it really is to me a destination on its own right. But the foods ofcourse belong here.



For those who haven't been there, here's a glimpse of how beautifully odd the place is. Each dining table is uniquely placed offering a plate of privacy and if the cafe' is not jam you can choose your corner.



It is by the way at the uppermost top, shall I say roof top? of one of the commercial buildings in Session Road in Baguio City.



We came to Oh My Gulay hours after lunch and hours away from dinner, so it was like merienda (snack) time (maybe around 3-4pm). We weren't hungry even. But  it's a restaurant and not an art gallery . We couldn't go checking the arts in the house forever without ordering food (even though that was exactly what we wanted to do, haha)



Anyway it got a healthy menu of vegetable dishes and we love salads_ fresh vegetable salad to be specific and where else to eat best but there at the lettuce bowl of  P.I. _Baguio!
So we had mango crepe, ok it's not a vegie but it's still a healty fruit. A puttanesca which used no meat, all vegie pasta. A plate of lumpia ( spring rolls) which came out was also some kind of a salad.



And the cafe's specialty salad (forgot the name) which we didn't touch and had to bag it to the hotel cos it was like a redundant of the fresh rolls plate without the rolls. Baguio seemed to be fond of honey mustard dressing. I countlessly had this dressing in my salad from other restos here. Even rarely that you would be given an option for other dressings. The thing is_ I don't like honey mustard.



But we love the pasta. On our next visit, we will surely re-order this dish.



And we are definitely going back to Oh My Gulay on our next Baguio trip. One time visit is not enough to savor the delicious art works in the house and interesting dishes with odd names from their menu.

ps : prices are reasonable, mostly below or just a tad above P100 a dish. Now you can visit Ascertain Bliss to see more of the place.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ascertain Bliss's Fan Box

My Food Prescription on Foodista