Thursday, November 4, 2010

In the Comfort of The Pancake House


Yeah, I could agree no lesser. Undoubtedly, there's something comfortingly homey with The Pancake House which keeps me coming back everytime I seek for familiar  food. Ordinary dishes that I actually cook and eat at home , only here they make them a lil' bit extraordinary.





What could be more ordinary with pancakes? I love pancakes as much as my kids love them as breakfast and snack. But I particularly love the blueberry pancakes of  TPH. Yes, I do make pancake at home and top it with blueberries (from the can), TPH's has blueberries inside the pancake. Berries oozing down the plate when you slice it.That's so pretty!







Not only that, b-berries are not only incorporate in the batter but in the syrup as well. Unless, I would take an extra mile to mix my own pancake batter and prepare a homemade syrup in an attempt to come up with TPH's version , I wouldn't achieve my favorite blueberry pancake. So when the craving hits me_ I just jump to the nearest The Pancake House which I thought is lot practical than to make my own.



On the other hand, my daughter loves their pan fried chicken cos it's so ordinarily quite similar to our own version at home.Nothing's special but she likes it that way.







And the pastas! Well,  love them all. Most of my pasta concoctions at home are inspired by the pastas of TPH.  But when other ingredients are not available or quite costly for my allotted budget for a recipe, it's time to jump to  TPH again.









"The workaholics and leisureholics managed to return to sobriety in time in the comforting sanctuary of The Pancake House ".

1 comment:

  1. i usually order blueberry or choco chip pancakes, homestyle bangus or classic spaghetti...

    ReplyDelete

Ascertain Bliss's Fan Box

My Food Prescription on Foodista