Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Breakfast Buffet @ Bellevue


goodmorning. Omg, it's only 15 before 7 am and it felt like 3 pm already. Today is a "back to school day". It's the opening of classes of my girls for this school year. I just had  a very busy morning in the kitchen and well this mom is proud to say that_ I survived! ..

big breakfast : done
recess boxes : done
lunch boxes :  done

. .with flying colors!! I was awake as early as 4:15 am and at 5:30 was done with my daily jog with hubby around our village. At 6:30 am, the girls and dad had breakfast already and out on the road to school and office ( with individual "baon" ofcourse :) at 6:40 am.
Don't worry I won't bore you with the contents of their take out boxes, instead I'd like to share with you a breakfast buffet I had at Bellevue Hotel, Manila recently.




can you spot me there? Daughter and I were part of the early birds at Cafe d'Asie that morning.



That's where the buffet is being served. It's at the 2nd floor of the main wing.



The buffet spreads were massive but much as I'm a buffet lover, that morning it took me a number of rounds before I begun filling-up my plate. It wasn't the selections, It was me cos I had coffee and sandwich with hubby earlier that morning after we had our fitness at the gym.




 It's typical of me to start the day with fruits. So my initial stop was at the fruit bar.






 I passed by the cereal section and just grabbed a yogurt and ignored the rest which given other day, cereal with fresh or dried fruits would be my choice to energize the day.





There_ were my first serving.



My daughter with her ever "eyes appetite bigger than her tummy"  ( tagalog : takaw mata ), had filled up her first plate with her favorite breakfast dishes, from the selections below :

:
:
V


crispy bacon





Filipino longanisa and beef tapa


boiled eggs, other egg cooking variants were available too, like sunny side up, omelet or however you want it to be cooked. 



It was with difficulty to ignore the salad bar. .


Greens never failed to entice me on the table but this was a rare occasion that I made a pass on them, I had it resolved with the mental calculation that I had enough  veggies that week at home anyway. 



Old and new kimchi caught my attention. I don't eat kimchi and didn't try it then even. Yet it made me wonder why two versions? I'll make a wild guess _ is old kimchi more than a day marinated and new kimchi is freshly prepared? Answer please, kimchi lovers :)


oreo muffins


ensaimada


macapuno? muffin


                                                                    blueberry muffin


                                                         danish - peach,strawberry,blueberry


french breads


 
pancakes


Flooded with muffins, the pastry section was eye candy which I guess made me feel full already so I just get a single danish from there.



The lonely sushi in my plate above was the only one I tried from the Japanese section. I felt pain, why now, why me full? I love sushi!! The tomato something? I forgot where from but I didn't like it.



This one I couldn't place. Looks like some sashimi yet too thick the slice. What? _ ham, beef ?, help!


I love lychee.


Had a cupful of it.


I also love prunes but I don't remember having it that morning.


The following are easy thu' as they are commonly found at the Filipino breakfast tables, best paired with fried rice and garlic-vinegar dip and please add eggs on the side :

:
:
V

bangus (milk fish)


dilis (dried anchovies)


dried danggit


It was a hearty breakfast buffet but I felt cheated cos I ate so little.. huhu. wish I can come back now. . I'm hungry as a wolf seeing those foods >#<. haha.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Ascertain Bliss's Fan Box

My Food Prescription on Foodista