Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Cabalen


My (balikbayan) bb bff was salivating on Filipino food. We were in a mall and there was only one resto I was sure was very pinoy.




On buffet were all time favorite Filipino dishes like kare-kare, dinuguan, adobo , sinigang , bulalo. . .etc , daily dishes we usually have on our table at home and that my bbbff was longing for.




And there were some exotic specialties like ginataang kuhol and some native salads using indigenous ingredients. These were my must try.





My girls hardly ate. I saw their plates with one dish & rice. They only got back to the buffet table for halo-halo , which they found it amusing cos it was "make your own" thingy.




They were not that crazy about Filipino food since they eat them everyday at home. Kyla whispered something in my ears. .



The real reason why they showed not much appetite was minutes before Cabalen, Myka and her, stuffed themselves with Mcdo junks. They took advantage of the time I was with bbbff and indulged which they couldn't do with their mother around.




While bbbff enjoyed her plates of dinuguan/karekare/adobo . . .



I nibbled on these healthy bits : ensaladang mustasa , kalabasang ukoy , kangkong fritter , lumpiang hubad , atsarang labanos . They were all good and easy to prepare at home.




It was a happy lunch !


ps :


Hey, so there were free icecream. We didn't know that ! I only saw it now in this pic. Can we go back to claim them ? hehe!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ascertain Bliss's Fan Box

My Food Prescription on Foodista